1.4.2. Engine overheat
If the thermometer indicates too high temperature of cooling liquid or the engine does not develop full capacity or operation of the engine is accompanied by strong knocks or a whistling sound, the possible reason is the engine overheat.
1. Observing precautionary measures, curtail on a roadside or to the region of the carriageway and stop.
2. Transfer the lever of the switch of ranges to the situation "R" (parking) (cars with automatic transmission) or the gear shifting lever in neutral situation (cars with a mechanical transmission). Turn on the parking brake
3. Switch off the air conditioner.
4. Check existence of splashes of cooling liquid or the steam leaving from under a cowl or a motor compartment.
If the motor compartment leaves steam.
Do not approach close to a forward part of the car. Muffle the engine. Then turn the ignition switch in the situation "ON" (ignition is included). Do not start the engine. Fans of system of cooling will turn on and will start to cool the engine.
In the absence of a steam-out and emission of cooling liquid.
Open a cowl and let's to the engine work idling while it will not cool down. If thus the temperature of the engine does not decrease, muffle the engine and let's to it cool down.
5. After cooling of the engine check level of cooling liquid. If level of cooling liquid is lower than norm, check existence of a leak of liquid in connections and hoses of a radiator, the heat exchanger of a heater, a radiator and in consolidations of the pump of system of cooling.
If you did not find any malfunctions and the leak of cooling liquid is absent, after engine cooling carefully add cooling liquid and finish its level to norm.