126.96.36.199. Effort check on a steering wheel
Check the following:
– dimension of tires and pressure in tires;
– liquid level in a tank of the hydraulic booster;
– tension of a belt of a drive of the pump of the hydraulic booster.
Establish the car on a firm horizontal surface, establish wheels in the provision of rectilinear movement.
Remove the module of an inflatable safety cushion.
Be careful at module dismantle.
Start the engine and warm up working liquid of the hydraulic booster of a steering to 50–60 °C.
|Fig. 5.9. Effort measurement on a steering wheel
Measure effort on a steering wheel by means of a dinamometrichesky key (fig. 5.9)
If the effort does not correspond to norm, check the following:
– availability of air in hydrosystem of the amplifier of a steering;
– leaks through hoses and their connections;
– operation of the pump of the hydraulic booster and steering mechanism.
Effort on a steering wheel of 7,8 N · m.
For effort check on a steering wheel compare it effort on a steering wheel of other car of the same model under the same conditions.
The effort on a steering wheel depends on the following conditions:
– paving condition (dry or damp, asphalt or concrete);
– a condition of tires (the producer, wear degree, pressure in tires).